Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thing 44: The Economy

I find the internet to be both helpful and disastrous for my own personal economy... I have looked at a lot of the webpages listed, and I use Yodlee quite a bit and my bank's website. I don't even write many checks any more - I do all my banking and billpaying on line, which I really like. I really like Dave Ramsey's books and website and someday I'll take his course. But the downside of the internet is that it brings impulse buying to a whole new level! Even living out in the rural area like I do with even the nearest Walmart 22 miles away, I can buy literally almost anything on earth for anywhere on earth in a matter of seconds! It's wonderful, fun and scary. It's good to have all this information at my fingertips. Now if I could just put it to good use and not find so many wonderful things out there there I didn't even know existed! I enjoy using FreeCycle and Craig's List, but my favorite site is really eBay where I sell things that I no longer need - and can't believe what some people will pay for my old junk sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment