Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing 33: Travel 2.0

I really enjoy Google maps and use it a lot. I also use the Track Flight Status webpage fairly often and am intrigued by the Green routes site for MN, ND, SD and WI (but I can't seem to find anything in any state other than MN - is that the only state that has listings or am I doing something wrong?) I'm not really much of a traveler; I would really like to be, but finances and reality keep me at home most of the time. I can't see the point in some of the travel blogs - this blog works just fine for me that way. I used it on a really fun trip my dd and I took last year when we flew to Las Vegas and took a shuttle to AZ and then drove a car home to MN. It was such fun, and I'd like to do something like that again, but realistically, how many times in life are you given a car that needs to be picked up in AZ? (AZ is my very favorite state.) I can see where some of these urls would be handy for a few of our library patrons, but most of us around here aren't frequent travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment